Teen Voice Podcast
Coming Soon! Their Voice, Hear it, a podcast featuring Spartanburg teens and their thoughts on key issues impacting their peers and our community.
- Teens’ identities stay confidential. Episodes under 15 minutes.
Do you know of a teen who would give great insight into their world? Do you have questions you need answered by teens? Contact us!
Fast Facts for the Community
Opioid overdose deaths in Spartanburg County have continued to rise over the last four years.
Naloxone (opioid overdose reversal drug) administrations in Spartanburg County.
Did You Know?
Did You Know?
Due to a standing order in South Carolina, you can get two naloxone doses from your pharmacy without a prescription. You could save a life!
Do you need that opioid?
Have you been prescribed an opioid following an injury or surgery? In some cases, an opioid is not warranted to treat pain; ibuprofen (Advil) or acetominophen (Tylenol) work just as well.
Consider asking your doctor the following questions to reduce your risk of opioid dependency and the risk that comes with having an opioid prescription available in your home.
- Why do I need to take this medication?
- Are there non-opioid alternatives I can try first?
- What is the minimum dosage I need?
- How long should I take this medication?
- What’s my risk of addiction
- What if I have a history of addiction to tobacco, alcohol or other drugs?
- What if there is a history of addiction in my family?
- How can I reduce the risk of potential side effects?
- What should I do with my unused medication? (See dropbox info below)
- How should I store my opioid medication?